Thursday, March 15, 2012

Two Truths One Lie


            On a recent trip to the Blue Mountain Ski Lodge, I got lost and spent half the day wandering around the mountain. After I took my the required ski lessons, I immediately skied downhill from the top of the mountain, only to wind up in the middle of a double Black Diamond trail with professional skiers and snowboarders flying at well above the legal highway speed limit. I thought the ski rentals and main lodge was downhill, so I raced downhill only to find a couple of small coffee shops. Desperate, I skied up and down the trail asking for a cell phone. I finally found a person willing to help me, but my parents’ phones were in their locker. At around 8pm, I heard my name called on the loudspeakers located throughout the lodge, directing me to go to the top of the mountain – a ride would be waiting at the bottom. I found a small bus waiting at the bottom of the mountain, which took me up to the lodge. I ate dinner, which consisted of cup noodles, and vowed never to get lost on a ski lodge again. I had spent 1 hour skiing and 5 hours wandering around aimlessly.

            In January 2012, I was taken in for questioning by the SEC for investing in stocks which I did not pay the taxes for. I had made a few hundred thousand dollars, which were put in an offshore bank account based in the Cayman Islands. I opened the bank account online, using an anonymous proxy servers and fake credentials. From there, I moved 7 hundred thousand dollars from my bank account in the Cayman Islands to my Bank of America bank account, which attracted attention from the SEC. The SEC notified the FBI, who traced the account to my internet service provider, who willingly gave up the address to my house. I was expected at court the following February, and I was convicted of tax fraud, operating a hedge fund without a liscense, opening a bank account with false credentials, and much more. I was fined 9 hundred thousand dollars and was sentenced to 9 months to a juvenile detention facility. My assets were frozen and liquidated, crashing my hedge fund and damaging my stocks. I was put under probation and house arrest for the next 2 years.

            In sixth grade I was awarded with two days afterschool administrative detention for distributing and possessing weapons. When class became boring, I took apart pens and pencils and used the springs within the pens to build tiny shooters that shot out small plastic pencil parts. These “pen guns” hurt less than a rubber band, but somehow the principal thought I was running an undergrounds weapons ring and selling guns to the mafia. My friends that I gave the pen guns to had an unfortunate habit of shooting them off during class, which annoyed the teacher so much she told the principal. Me and several friends were called down the principals office, where we were questioned. The principal called the police department, who came to the middle school and searched my locker. They found nothing but a broken pen because I kept all of my “pen guns” at home. Still, the principal sentenced me to afterschool detention. She, a remarkably stupid woman, started ranting about how these pen guns were similar to similar guns, and that I could of course, poke out someone’s eye with it. I could do the same thing with a stapler with much more severe consequences, but that’s besides the point. Whenever I pointed out the numerous fallacies in her reasons, (eg. Rifle ammunition contains explosives, while a plastic tube is clearly not explosive) she told me to be quiet and stop interrupting her. I decided to stop speaking because if I did, she would probably realize her own logical fails and experience a mental breakdown, and the principal’s husband would sue me for causing great mental distress to his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment